Saturday, October 20, 2007

Time to Simplify

Thanks for all the encouragement. I know I'm just going through a rough time. It will come to an end at some point. The sickness anyways. The other stuff, well I'm afraid that as much as I wish there was a quick fix to my life and all the busyness, there is probably not much that can be done about that. But you know everyday I read something encouraging that someone writes. Whether it is a comment, or another blog I've read, or an email or phone call I get. There is always someone or something that encourages me to keep putting one foot in front of the other. And so I do. I think I go through particularly hard times that I really feel like I am being battled over. satan must really want me bad, because he is constantly at me. Fortunately God wants me more.

I am doing what I can to simplify my life. Get rid of the things that I can control, like all the clutter. I sware my house is like a vortex that is part of a black hole that is just east of the Bermuda Triangle. A little dramatic maybe, but I am so tired of losing stuff. I started that book that I just bought, and lost it three days ago. Well I finally uncovered it this morning. I also found Madi's backpack that I was looking for today. Now if I can just find my sunglasses. All I heard was this crash and Kyle say, "uh, mom I broke your sunglasses." But the evidence is no where to be found. I managed to hold onto these for a month. But I really liked them. They were a gas station bargain and stylish all at the same time. Which you don't find really often.

So anyways, I'm on to do more simplification. Less is more! Have a good weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We manage to lose at least one shoe everyday!! It's impossible to keep anything. I have learned not to leave things laying in reach of Meagan!! She likes to help herself to some of my things. Isn't it fun!!! Have a good weekend!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

"Mother" speaking here :o) Everything has a place and everything in it's place. Truly....it makes life so much simplier and liveable :o)
Susan

5:26 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

simplifying life around us definitely helps with how we feel about our selves... You line about God wanting you more was pretty simply perfect. Sometimes I know I get caught up in the battle and the way that it drains me. I spend time looking at how Satan is chipping away at me, when I need to remember that God fights harder because he loves me.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Procters said...

I can relate to the whole clutter issue. It makes me really grumpy. I know that satan uses it as a tool. He wants to clutter my life so much with "stuff" that I don't have time for all of the "blessings".
I heard some very wise words yesterday. We were cleaning up at church after a baby shower and my friend Ann started gathering up all of the tissue paper and throwing it away. One lady stated that tissue paper can be saved and used again. Ann (who has 7 children) said "there is no room in my home for anything opptional". I loved that statement! Have a blessed day, my friend. Cherise

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home