Sunday, October 14, 2007

All You Need is Love

My title is kind of random. My post actually isn't about love, but I have that song stuck in my head. I just saw the movie, Across the Universe and LOVED it! If you haven't heard about it, it's a musical. I'm actually not into musicals, there are very few that I like, but I thought this movie looked good. It has over 30 Beatles songs in it and the choreography is great! Moulin Rouge is one of my all time favorite movies for the music and choreography. To me a good musical is one that you don't find your self saying, "I wish they'd shut up and just act." The music should make it flow in such a way that you don't even realize their singing. Some people probably disagree with me and they actually like the musical acting, but I honestly find it annoying and kind of cheesy. This movie was very entertaining and just meaningful for me.

Last Saturday I saw, The Heartbreak Kid. I was so disappointed. I saw the review on The Today Show and they said it was hilarious and just wonderful. Well when you're sitting in the theater and when you hear the first line of the movie and you almost choke on your popcorn and say, "I can't believe they just said that!" Chances are the rest of the movie will follow suit. This one did not disappoint in that category. It was so dirty! And honestly, uncalled for. I mean you can make people laugh just as easily without trying to add in all the shock value effect. So pooey on you Ben Stiller!

Okay, so that is all for my movie reviews. I now want to see 310 to Yuma and Dan in Real Life. (it's not out yet) I can't think of anything else I want to see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyndy said...

Sorry the movie was a disappointment. Dan in Real Life does look good.

Hope you have a great week.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home