Saturday, August 05, 2006

Happy Birthday Kyle!!!

We had a lot of fun yesterday. We ate lunch with my parents, and then yesterday afternoon we went and spent time with Suzanne and Ryder. And then last night we went and ate dinner at Logan's with Colt, Suzanne, and Ryder. Before we ate we went to Toys R Us and picked out his new birthday bike. It's really cute, it has a handle on the back so you can push him, until he gets it down himself. He's really gotten into cars, so Colt picked out a Tonka truck for him and a big F-150 that pulls a 4 wheeler, and makes A LOT of noise. Thank You uncle Colt!!! Ya know men complain about women taking too long, or shopping, gossiping, etc...my goodness, I didn't know that two grown men could spend so long trying to pick out the right cars for a 2 year old. They are supposedly going to be building a sand box today too. The tonka truck is a dump truck, and it would only make sense that he actually had something to dump in and out of it, so they decided to build a sand box. And they don't want one that you can dumb the sand it and put a top on it. They were talking about railroad ties and all this stuff. It's a great thought, and I'm sure he'll be thrilled, but I'm not holding my breath. It really was a fun day. I now can say I have a 4 year old and a two year old. I always said 23 1/2 months for the longest time. I just wanted to drag it out as long as possible...once you hit 2 you're not a baby anymore, and I'm just not sure how I feel about that. I don't have babies anymore!!!! Kyle seemed like he was a baby longer than Madi was. Madi has always been so independent, I think she was a baby for 9 months and she was done! She was pottytrained completely by 27 months!!! I'm still amazed by that, I have my mother to thank for that. She was the one who really made that happen. Kyle on the other hand, has taken his time on everything. You don't rush him...he does it when HE wants. It seems like in the last couple of months he has just matured so much...he is so big!!! He really hasn't had a chance to play with his bike. We'll spend some time outside today, and take some pictures.

I feel so blessed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Renee said...

YEA! Sounds like it was a good day! Happy Birthday Lil Kyle!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Noel Green said...

Happy Birthday, Kyle!
I hope to meet you sometime soon:)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home