Friday, April 18, 2008

Good thoughts!!!

This was in an email from the Pastor at Trinity Church. I thought it was really good.

*********************


As I was thinking about Pope Benedict XVI being in the United States , it reminded me of what former Pope John XXIII said, “Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.” –Pope John XXIII

Potential is released in each of our lives by three things:
The knowledge you acquire
The character you develop
The principals you live by

Knowledge: “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.”
Hosea 4:6
Character: “Do not be misled: ‘Bad company corrupts good character.’"
1 Corinthians 15:33
Principals (Standards): “Live by my standards, and obey my rules.
You will have life through them. I am the Lord.”
Leviticus 18:5

Begin to live up to your full potential in Christ!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy Cross said...

Excellent words. That verse in Leviticus is especially interesting, "obey my rules, they will give you life." I don't think about following God's rules giving me life, sometimes it is more of a burden to follow God's rules, it is so much easier to not. I wonder what kind of life that is talking about?

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Very good post

10:40 AM  
Blogger SS said...

I just read you post about Madi's aunts...very funny and I have no idea what you're talking about (except for JB).

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home