Sunday, December 09, 2007

I thought I'd take a little time to update. We're all good here. The house is pretty quiet right now. Madi and Kyle are at my parents house for the night. So it's just Mason and I. We don't have any big plans. Just a quiet night at the house. It's too cold to get out!!!

It's been a pretty busy week, I just can't think of what all I did. I did have my "bachelorette" party on Thursday. That was a lot of fun. Sheila cooked dinner and we just all sat around and talked. See, I told you it would be tame. By 8:30 most of us were yawning. But Sheila did a lot to make it fun. She got champagne glasses and sparkling white grape juice for us all to make a toast. She made a big banner and the funniest thing was the donkey that she made. We were supposed to play pin the tale on the donkey, which coincidentally had a name tag on it with a certain someones name, but we never got around to it. It sure was cute though. We were sitting there eating and there was music playing in the background and finally after about 10 minutes I put it together that she was playing my play list from my blog. I had to defend myself, that I am not ghetto. Just because I do like some hip hop doesn't make me ghetto. I like to think of myself as cultured. I like a lot of everything. I even like country, but I didn't want it on my play list. That's just too much of a stretch to have "Song of the South" playing next to Rihanna. I think anyways. I could have also added Tupac and AC/DC, but I refrained from doing so. The hip hop just reflects my inner desire to be a dancer. Maybe that will be one of new hobbies. They offer hip hop at my gym, but you have to pay extra to take it. I'm not going to do that now, but maybe sometime. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Anyways, so enough about my music. This week looks to be pretty busy as well. Isn't every week before Christmas that way? I'm trying not to get caught up in all the hype and doing pretty well I think, there's just always so much to be done. My goal this week is to get Christmas pictures done. I've been saying that for weeks now, I just need to set the appointment so that I'll be committed to it. The next two weekends are going to be pretty full. I have two Christmas parties next Saturday and the following weekend is Lyndee's wedding, so Madi and I won't even be at home all weekend. And then Christmas will be here!!!

I'm not going all out for the kids, partly because I can't, but also it's just not necessary. Fortunately they're still pretty young and don't know any difference, but I really want them to learn more about Christmas than the presents themselves. I know every parent says that, at least I think they do, but some of the things that kids get for Christmas are just ridiculous. I mean if I don't have an IPod, then my kid is certainly not getting one. That's just my opinion.

Well I better go...since I only have one child who isn't mobile I'd better get some things done! Have a great week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy Cross said...

Mason will be mobile before you know it. Have fun doing pictures, it can get a little wild with the little ones. We got ours done at Portrait Innovations (it is new), but they have a really cheap package (9.95) for a bunch of pictures, you might want to check it out. I thought they really did a great job on us.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home