Friday, July 07, 2006

Great Weekend

Well I wanted to post all the pics from the 4th of July weekend, but I just realized that my camera is in Kyle's bag, which is in his closet...and he is in bed. And it's just not worth it to me to walk in there and possibly wake him. So I'll post them tomorrow. We had so much fun this past weekend and on the 4th. Madi and I made a cake together. She kept asking who's birthday it was. On monday we went out to my parents house and the kids played on the slip and slide and then Madi spent the night with my mom. Kyle and I came back to town and went and got the stuff to finish his room. When we moved into this house (11 months ago) we painted everything in the house, but didn't get everything finished. I have all the bedrooms with paint on the walls, but not "finished" so for his birthday my parents are getting his bedroom done. I got the rest of the paint on the walls, but I still have to get the chair rail. My dad is going to do that. I can paint all day, but carpentry isn't exactly my expertise.

On the 4th we went to the park with a bunch of friends and cooked out and played volleyball. Then we drove out to Wolfforth and did fireworks. It was a really fun night. We were all exhausted by the time we got home.

On another note, I found a place that I really like for my kids. Madi is having so much fun. They are really focused on education and curriculum. On every tuesday they go to the library for story hour and check out a book. For the rest of the summer on thursdays Madi's class goes to the pool to swim, and the little kids play in the sprinklers back at the center. They also do lots of field trips when they do different units. They do one on transportation and take the kids to the bus station and drive them to the mall. Little kids on field trips is so funny!!! So everything is working out...Kyle is doing well too. We have had no problems with him, no crying...except at 5 when mom's start picking the kids up b/c he knows it's time to go and he's ready to see me! They aren't affiliated with a church, but they do teach christian values. When I dropped them off Wednesday morning as I was leaving, they were working on their Bible story and prayers. It made me smile. I consider myself a faithful person, but it can be so hard to let go of control. I get so busy in my day to day life, and it's so easy to try to control every aspect of your life. My children are blessings from God, so why wouldn't He want the best for them??? Of course He does, so He will provide!!!

Well I hope you all had a great 4th and were able to spend time with family and friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home