Monday, June 05, 2006

ECI...and other things

ECI came back over today. I actually didn't even know they were coming. Nathan didn't get the message until about 1p.m. today. The speech pathologist was there today too. And good news...he has already "graduated" from the program. There are some areas that his speech is a little unclear, but he is where he is supposed to be according to Christy, the speech pathologist. And he is at and above the developmental level (physically, mentally, socially etc.) he is supposed to be for his age. And he is definately left handed too! We've known that for a while, but I just thought I'd throw that in there. That was encouraging to me! I almost hate to mention this for fear of jinxing myself, but we have also been ear infection free for a month now. We are still going to the ENT, but he has been well. I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks he has started saying new words and all the words he says are much clearer, and now that all makes sense considering he hasn't had an ear infection. So who knows, I'm certainly not going to complain!

On the other hand there is Madi, who I have to remind myself that she is only 4. Not even close to 5, but yet she talks like she's 37. I went to pick her up from VBS tonight and I turned right and she says, "Mom you ran that red light!" I told her I didn't, and she said, "well did you have an arrow?" Most people think I'm lying, but I kid you not, she is the worst back seat driver! I should not have to explain to a 4 year old that I can go right on red. Yes, it is funny...but it really scares me. What is she going to be like when she is 14...15...16...Yikes! We are trying to work with her dramatic attributes in a positive way, but man it's hard.

Okay on to another subject...at my job we have two loan officers, Zach and Gina and then we have two processors, myself and someone else. Well there have been 3 someone else's and the third quit today. And I'm talking within a span of a month. So finally today, my boss talked to me and I'm going to be the only processor. I am excited...I still have some training to do, but this puts me in really good position. I am going to take my laptop to work tomorrow and download our program on it, so I can work some from home too. Not really instead of being at the office. I am on salary, but he is going to pay me hourly for any hours I put in at home. I love it that I'm able to be so honest with my boss, b/c he knows my family is first priority and that's what he wants. He is not like the average "business" man. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but we have a devo every tuesday morning that the whole company goes to, and he has out his transparencies with his notes for the Bible study. We just finished finished up The Sermon on The Mount. Is that not unreal??? I truly believe that is why he is sooooo successful! Today when we were meeting, he cried. I was just telling him how I respect the stand he takes in the business world, and he got emotional. I truly am blessed, and like I said before this is so much more than a job for me. I still have my hard days, but God has me where he has me for a reason, and I continue to hold strong to that!

4 Comments:

Blogger April Carrasco said...

I am glad you are in such a good Christian environment. Man, that is great that Kyler hasn't had any ear infections. What a blessing! Hope he keeps it up!

9:58 PM  
Blogger April Carrasco said...

Sorry that was Kyle. I am so used to putting Kyler.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Your work situation is SO SO cool! The only time I have had that is when I worked at Prestoncrest, our church in Dallas!!! Never have I seen that in the Business world. I am so happy for you. You are a pretty incredible person yourself and deserve that type of environment. Glad to hear about Kyle too. I am sure that is a big relief.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Your work situation is SO SO cool! The only time I have had that is when I worked at Prestoncrest, our church in Dallas!!! Never have I seen that in the Business world. I am so happy for you. You are a pretty incredible person yourself and deserve that type of environment. Glad to hear about Kyle too. I am sure that is a big relief.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home