Wednesday, May 24, 2006

ECI

ECI came over today. We just filled out a ton of paperwork and talked a lot about Kyle. The lady we met with was very positive about Kyle's speech. She said that b/c he does babble a lot, that is a good sign. And to Kyle he may think he's making sense, but that he hears everything muffled. Kind of like hearing under water, b/c of the fluid in his ears. It was very interesting. In a little over a week, the lady from ECI and a speech therapist will come back to our house to do an assessment. I feel a lot better about everything.

Everything is going really good. Life is busy, but I'm still enjoying my job and the kids are doing great. My mother in law is keeping them right now. She comes over to our house and she cleans for us too. She does my laundry, she makes dinner. Tomorrow she is going to shampoo the carpets and then take the kids to the park or something like that. It has been soooo nice. My house is so clean all of the time. She is a much better house cleaner that me. Most of you saw my dorm room, so you can attest to my cleanliness, or lack of. :)

I have Monday off...I can't wait!!! And Sunday is Nathan's 25th birthday...he is a young one!

5 Comments:

Blogger April Carrasco said...

We went to Dr Scolaro and I was just so happy because he is really good about listening to mother's intuition. He didn't care if the ears are clear or not at the time, he cares about the history and how many infections the kid has had in a short amount of time. He just said Kole needs tubes and would have done it the same week if Kole hadn't been sick. I will let you know if I am impressed with the way he does the procedure. I have just heard horror stories about ENTs and he didn't make me wait or tell us just to watch Kole some more so that was nice.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

That is great. Is your therapist Lee Bremmer? Is the coordinater Kim? I think I told you I had Potacki for my tonsils and Ty had him for his tubes, he is known for doing pediatric tubes. He was excellent but it sounds like you have lots of refferals for that sort of thing. Glad things are rolling. Have a nice Memorial Day weekend and vacation. Still missin your face!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Larissa,

I hope that ECI helps with Kyle. I also hope that you can get him into a good ENT who will do a thorough examination.

I like your new blog title, too :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hey, Larissa! Thanks for the note on my blog . . . I'm thrilled to hear from you! And, how funny that you remember my pledge name! That CRACKS ME UP!! I'm so glad to know that you're doing well. Good luck with your little one and his ears! I'll keep looking at your blog for updates!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home