Thursday, June 28, 2007

I rock!!!

I rock!!! I am so honored to get this award! My friend, Lyndy, nominated me. And I just have to say, I should be nominating her, because she is amazing, and has been such an encouragement to me! If you haven't read her blog, check it out. She has an amazing way with words. And to think that six months ago I didn't even know her! I stumbled across her through blog land. Thanks girl! You rock too!

And on a side note, I have explained how computer illiterate I am, so it should be no surprise that I am having trouble adding names as links in this post. But all of these girls have a link on my sidebar, so you can just click on there!



So now I have to nominate 5 people for this award. That is really hard, because I think you all rock, and there are lots of people who don't blog, but leave comments, and I love them too! Maybe now you'll get a blog!



Okay, so in no paticular order..............



1. Lisa...I actually met Lisa from my sister Suzanne. Her husband went to LCU with my sister, and that is how Suzanne met Lisa. (it's actually not complicated, but I just made it sound like it was!) When Suzanne lived in Lubbock (the first time) she wanted to start a bible study group. I wasn't a part of that group, but even after Suzanne moved to Dallas, that group kept meeting. My friend Sheila became part of the group, and then invited me. And so Lisa and I became friends. And I just adore her! She is the mother to 2 beautiful children, and a wife to a man who LOVES golf! She has been such an encouragement to me, and a huge supporter, and I'm so glad that I know her!!!

2. Celeste...oh sweet Celeste. Just saying her name makes me smile! :) I met Celeste at LCU. She was actually one of the first girls I met. I had transferred there from ACU after a miserable semester, and Celeste and her friends (April and Amber included!) were so nice, a little stange I might add too. :) Yall know it's true!!! Over the years Celeste was just a very encouraging person, and through all the drama that college life can bring at times, she remained a rock. She is someone I have always admired and looked up to. She is married to Noel, and lives in Missouri.

3. Neva...my mother-in-law. Well she rocks first and foremost because she is giving me some sanity right now by keeping my kids, so she totally and comptletely rocks! And secondly, because she was at one time a single mom of two boys when her husband Eddy died, and I know that those boys tried to put her in an early grave with all that they did. And thirdly, she is a mom who has watched her son go through some really difficult things, and she still remains faithful. As a wife it is hard for me, but as a mother I can't imagine. She is married to Ned and enjoys being a preacher's wife and ministering to others.

4. Chrissy...another person who makes me smile. Chrissy and I have been friends for a long time. We have been through a lot together, and I have some very fond memories of us. My paticular favorite is when we thought it would be a good idea to float down Mackenzie Park river in a raft. Yes, I know who knows what is floating down that river, and besides that I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to get in that water. We had just come back from an adventurous summer at Pine Springs Summer Camp being potwashers together, so all I can blame that on is the bleach fumes that fried our brains. I don't think I've ever laughed harder with someone that I have with Chrissy...she is just a wonderful person! She is married to Brian, and has one son Cooper, and a baby girl on the way.

5. Last but certainly not least...Suzanne...now I'm not going to get emotional on this one, or at least try not to, but my sister has been there for me through everything in the last 6 months. We were never really close growing up. In fact I'll be honest, I didn't really like my sister when she was in high school. We were closer in college, but when all of this happened with me recently, she became a rock for me. I think out of everyone she understands me the most, and she is one who when something is going really wrong, she gets "the phone call" from me. I am so blessed to have her in my life, and she has taught me a lot! She is married to Colt, and they have one son, Ryder.

There is my five...y'all Rock!!! Love y'all!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger April Carrasco said...

Strange?!? Never! I am so glad you transferred on over to us. Still praying for you. I hope you are getting some rest.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lyndy said...

Girl, You totally deserve it. Thank you so much for being my friend.

Love, Lyndy

12:46 PM  
Blogger Neva said...

Thank you so much!!!
I love you too. And I pray for you always!

Love
Neva

7:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Well aren't you just the sweetest. You are precious to me- thanks for thinking of me! That is also too fun about Madi being in another wedding. 'THE LIST' cracks me up! We all have our moments!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Noel Green said...

Awww . . . thanks, Larissa!

And I agree with Ape - we were all totally normal!:)

I'm just thankful that you put up with me/us for even a split second:).

Love you,
C

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home