Monday, June 04, 2007

2 weeks...not 3 weeks

Mason was two weeks yesterday. And just to clarify, I really do know how old he is. I'm just tired, so I like to say the wrong date. :) :) :)

We were at Sara's shower on saturday and everyone kept asking me how old he is, and I said he'll be three weeks on sunday. Suzanne was there, and she was like, "um no he'll be two weeks." And well I was just sure that he was 3 weeks old. Well he's not, it's only been two weeks. That whole NICU thing really threw me off. It seemed longer than that!!! Now if I was a first time time I would have probably cried for getting that wrong, but well that's the first of many, many things I will say and do wrong and I'm well aware of that. So I am fine. :)

Last night we went to Ruby Tequila's with my whole family, minus Jenny, and my aunt and uncle and two cousins. It was a lot of fun. We don't go out and eat very often together, so it was just a good time. My cousin Lyndee is fixing to start nursing school in California and she wants to be a NICU nurse. She loves babies!!! Jennifer, my other cousin, we lived together for a while before I got married. She is a lot of fun to be around.

The kids will be home friday. I am getting excited. Even though I'm still a little nervous I am ready to get this started. It seems like I live my life in phases right now, and have for some time actually, but I am ready for this phase to start. First there was the pregnancy phase, and thank the Lord that's over, then there was the NICU phase, kids being gone phase, and now the kids coming home phase. Since I'm not pregnant, I feel so good, so I know that will make a big difference in taking care of everyone. And I'm excited for the summer. I think the timing is great because we don't have to worry about schedules right now and no one has to be up at any certain time, so that will make it easier on me. I am looking at putting Madi and Kyle in daycare two days a week to give me a break. I am not sure about that yet. In Slaton they don't have mom's day out, so I have to pay daycare prices for dropins, so we'll see if I will be able to do that.

Mom and Dad got a pool, and we're getting that put up this week. It's one of those big soft side pools, and I'm getting the kids a swing set, so they will have fun stuff to do to get all the energy out! And then they'll both start swimming lessons after July 4th. We are the crazy people who drive to Post for swimming lessons (30 minutes from Slaton) Why you ask? Well, my aunt teaches them, and that is where me and all my sisters and cousins took them when we were little. Madi took them when she was 3 months old. You do a mommy and me class until their 3 and then they can take the class without me in the pool. This is the first year I don't have to get in the pool. That gets very tiring!!! So we will do that for 3 weeks. Hopefully gas prices will go down a little before then!!! We can always hope. Suzanne and Ryder will be taking them too, so that will be fun. Their class will be right after Madi and Kyle's class.

Well that is about it for now. Things are going really good. I am doing well personally, and I just thank God for that. I am thankful for his healing power, because he has done wonderful things for me emotionally. I have had to deal with a lot emotionally lately, and I just didn't know I had it in me to do it, but God has given me the strength, and made me new. Thanks to you all for your continous support! God bless!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lyndy said...

I am so glad to hear you sounding so good. I know this has been a hard time for you and I can so relate to the "phases" even though our situations are different.

Praying for you.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad ya'll had a good weekend. Maybe Madi and Meagan will be in a swimming class together. The girls start after the 4th too. Have a good week!!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

This is my first year to not have to get in the pool with someone! We started this morning, and I loved it! I think you are a smart girl looking at your life in phases. Just take it one phase at a time!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Kristy, Michael, Kalynn, and Kaden said...

Wow, so much has happened since I saw you last. I had no idea all of this was going on. I would love to see you and Mason. Once again you have amazed me with your faith and attitude and challenged me to be more willing to accept things and look to God for every thing. Love you so much!!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

SO nice to see you the other day, your sweet boy is ADORABLE! Hope to see you again VERY soon! Luvs you!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home