Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Crazy Busy

Crazy busy is a very appropriate title for how I feel right now in this season in my life. Yes, you are right, Jenni! However, we are doing good. I just feel like I work a 24 hour a day job, and really I do. There is always something to be done, or someone to be fed. But each day everyone is a little bit older and a little less dependent. That's what I tell myself anyways! :) I was a little down yesterday morning, because I was just kind of feeling overwhelmed, but then the strangest thing happened. I had to take Mason to his first pediatrician appointment, and his doc, sat in the room with me for over 30 minutes just visiting with me about life. She even opened up to me about some of the things she was going through. Right then and there I saw God working for both of us, because we were actually both able to minister to each other. It was awesome, and it really lifted me up. That was exactly what I needed at that moment to help me realize that God is continually working in my life.

Speaking of his doctors appointment...he is 6 pounds and 8 ounces. So he has gained over a pound, and he is 3/4" longer than he was when he was born. So he is growing!!! It's funny everyone looks at him, and thinks he is so small, but he is actually a lot bigger than he was! He is now moving into some of his newborn clothes, and out of the preemie things.

I will post some pictures soon. Me and my camera...I always seem to be having issues. I finally found mine, I had been using Suzanne's when he was born, and then I tried to download them from my camera and I discovered that I still need a different USB cord.

Life is crazy right now, but I still see how blessed I am. I am fortunate that I am not having to be a single mom who is rushing out to look for a job as soon as he hits six weeks, and I get to be home with my kids. Yes, that is hard...sometimes harder than working, but I see the value in it right now, and I know someday I will be grateful for this close time with my bunch.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel!! Meagan keeps me going all the time!! It's like watching 5 kids with her! It does get crazy, but it's also so much fun. I promise I am coming to see you and Mason sometime soon!! I will call you. Take care and call if you need me. By the way, my uterus feels like it is going to fall out!!!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

God is faithful to meet our needs.
Susan

2:37 PM  
Blogger Lyndy said...

I am so glad to hear you sounding so good. I know it has to be hard and tiring for you but what a joy those babies are.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Marta said...

How exhausting those first weeks with a newborn are! It sounds like you are having a great outlook on it though and I'm so glad. How fast Mason is growing! I'm so glad that he's doing well. How're Madi and Kyle adjusting to baby brother? Are you getting any sleep? Thinking of you and praying for you!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Noel Green said...

I'm so glad to hear of your 'unexpected' blessing with the dr. I'm thinking of you and praying for you . . .

Celeste

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home