Thursday, April 05, 2007

I don't think I've ever been so thankful for the Easter holiday, as I am for this one. Mostly because I don't have to work much. I have finally been able to get some unpacking done. Madi and I have been over there this afternoon and working together. Well, I've been working. She got a new C.D. player from her grandma, and she has been jamming all afternoon to the Backyardigans.

My dad took Kyle to Lubbock to get both haircuts for the both of them. He has just been so helpful. Him and Kyle have really taken a liking to each other. My dad never had boys. He grew up with 3 brothers, but he never had a son. So I think Kyle is the like the son he never had. And of course I am so grateful, because I do think he needs that fatherly influence. He is quite possibly the most laid back 2 1/2 year old I've ever seen, so he's easy to take care of. Say a prayer for his ears if you will. He got an ear infection this week. The tube in his left ear fell out again. We are going the route of treating it with allergy medicine this time. Since he will be 3 soon, we are hoping that he will outgrow this. And if we can clear up the allergies then his ears won't be a problem.

I'm getting my hair done Saturday. I can't wait! I think a new cut and color is quite possibly the best mood lifter ever!

Happy Easter everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger SS said...

I'm so impressed that you find the time to post something almost daily. Weekly (sometimes monthly)is more my route! Love Kyle's haircut. We'll take him for chocolate ice-cream soon!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Amen about the hair-it really does make you feel so special...especially being pampered for 2 or so hours!! Love it...

I am so thankful that Kyle has your dad and that you can be so close to your parents! What a blessing.

Have a wonderful weekend & Happy Easter! :) Blessings~

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Kyle, that must be tough on him. An ear infection is the worst. Are ya'll hunting eggs in the house, we will be! I hope yall have a wonderful easter!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Hegi said...

Hey Larissa,

It was so good to hear from you. Your story has been a real encouragement to me - you are facing all of this adversity with such a Godly attitude, thanks for being such a good example. I've enjoyed keeping up with you and your kids through your blog. Also, I've been praying for him too. I hope you have a great Easter!

In Him,
Jeremy

12:07 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Great to see you last night! Your place is great and the kids are cute as ever, as so are you! Praying about the ears.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I totally agree with Suzanne. I am also...totally impressed with the fact that you find the time and energy, and subject matter, to post EVERY SINGLE DAY. Well not every day..but almost.
I love reading your posts. So fun.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home