Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Madi!

Tomorrow my baby girl will be 5 years old. I can't believe I am even saying that! It is hard to believe that my precious girl is already so grown up. As you can imagine this has been kind of hard for me. I've done pretty well, but I think it's kind of hit me today.

We had her party tonight at Chuck E. Cheese, her favorite place. It all went really well. Nathan came to the party. I didn't really know how all of that was going to pan out. I thought it was important for her daddy to be at her party, but his involvement in their lives the last couple of months hasn't been that active. However, we are seeing some improvement, and for their sake I am very happy about that.

I didn't know if it would be akward or not. My parents hadn't seen him since he left, but all of us, Nathan included have to be adults about this, and do what is best for the kids. And I think we all did that. I was fine, until Nathan left and said goodbye to Kyle and he asked if he could go with him, and Nathan said, "no buddy, I gotta go." Kyle was disappointed, and it broke my heart. I am fine, I will survive, but it's my precious babies that I hurt so much for.

Madi is taking cupcakes to school tomorrow for her birthday. She is so excited. She got some really neat presents. It was a good time. Suzanne took pictures for me. I couldn't even begin to figure out where my camera is. It is in a box somewhere! We are still at my parents house, I am hoping maybe tomorrow night we will spend the night over there. If not we only have school half day on thursday and we don't have school on Friday or Monday. So eventually we will get unpacked. So as soon as I get the pics from her I will post them.

Madi, I love you so much! You are so precious and the light of my life! Happy 5th Birthday!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

Hey larissa,
As I read your past two posts it felt so much like dejavue, I have had the same feelings about my situation and how much my kiddo's hurt at the loss of our family being torn apart. I need to cry for me but cry at the loss for my kids.
We too had a beautiful home. I miss it so much. I now live in a mobile home and as you said, it is what is inside that makes it a home. It is beginning to feel more peaceful and like home, but it does hurt some days.
All the what if's, now I must focus on the future and what God has in store for me.
I now how hard it has been for me and my older children, I have prayed many times that it would hurt so much more if my kids were still babies, so in that dear sister in Christ I lift you daily before the throne as you must minister to your babies everyday. I am so thankful you have the Lord.
I wish I lived close to you because I certainly would be right there for you.
May the Father be ever so near to you.
You keep going!!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

Hey,
Me again... How far is lubbock from Mansfield? I just noticed you live in lubbock I am gonna check that out!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Madi!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Love you!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Oh, Happy Birthday to Madi! Wow, five! I remember seeing her when she was just a little tiny thing at Cheri's house :)

Your little blurb about Kyle brought tears to my eyes. It must be really hard to see that. But, God is taking care of y'all so wonderfully and you are doing great. I'm glad that he came to the party for Madi; that's great. And I'm glad Madi had a good time!

I'll be praying for your official move-in this week :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger April Carrasco said...

Happy Birthday Madi! It does goes so fast. You will have to counsel me when Kyler turns 5 this summer since you have been through it :)!!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer K said...

Happy Birthday to Madi! I am glad you had some fun time for her special day! I can't wait to hear how the cupcakes went at school, that was always so much fun and such a big deal!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, from experience, it is tough to see your child want to go with their dad and can't. I deal with it a lot. But, they will be okay. Just keep loving them the way you do and they will see that everything is okay. It's going to be hard when one of them says they want to go with their dad and not you. Don't take it personally, they are just kids. They will also use it against you. If you punish them they may say some pretty mean things, again don't take it personally. Tell Madi happy B-day!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Lyndy said...

So glad Madi had a wonderful party. I am glad that you and her dad were able to share this day with her, as that is so important for kids. Though I know it has to be extremely hard for you.

Praying for you dear one and enjoy your weekend.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home