Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Good Friends

I wanted to mention what happened on thursday night. It was the first night in our new place, and I had some visitors stop by! My friend, Lisa, organized a pounding for me. If you don't know what a pounding is; it is where people bring a pound of this (food or any other household item) or a pound of that to someone who has moved to a new place or new town. I'm familiar with them, because generally churches do them for the new preacher when they move. And my dad is a preacher, so we've had a few.

I was so surprised! I just didn't even know what to say. My pantry is full and so is my freezer, and I haven't had to go to the store. It's been great! Once again, I find myself saying thank you to so many people. I am so blessed, and so thankful. I am one who doesn't ask for help easily, and this has been odd for me getting so much help and support. Maybe it's something I have needed to learn. And it's definately taught me how much I want to give back to others in need. Thanks so much guys for all you did. God Bless You!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lyndy said...

What a wonderful surprise and a blessing. Praying you are enjoying your new home.

Hugs, Lyndy

11:46 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

A pounding, huh? Geez, sounds painful...

Sounds like you have a lot of peope that are willing to help you and your children in your time of need. That is truly an amazing blessing! The idea is great too! Never hear of it!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Neva said...

I wanted you to know how proud I am of you and how much I love you. I am praying for you and the kids, especially poor Kyle and his ears. I am excited to be with them next weekend and when Mason comes.
Love
Neva
KTK

9:50 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

It was fun and I am glad you enjoyed it! Hope your week went well! Talk to you soon...

1:58 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I missed the pounding Larissa! I'm so sorry, I had to work that night. I've been meaning to stop by, but I only had 3 days off on my last 7 days off. I'll make it by, I promise.
So glad it turned out good.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Marta said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are surrounded by so many people who love and support you! You've been on my mind a lot this week as Kyle is out of town and I'm flying solo with my kiddos. I don't know how you do it Larissa! You are my hero! My thought and prayers are with you as always!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Barbie said...

What a blessing for you!! I am one that doesn't receive well but God has put me in a position where it has been needed...let me tell you it has taught me sooooo much more about giving...I have always been a giver but now I will be a better one because I have been on both sides. It truly makes a difference:-) BTW check out "The Covering"..there is a Single Moms conference in OK in June:::hint hint:::lol I would love to meet you;-)

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home