Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mema


Mema with the pink pony she wished for.

This is my granddad. (he's not my mema's husband, it's the one on the other side of the family.)
They live in the care center too. Isn't he so cute???
We went and saw Mema today. They moved her back to the care center in Slaton last weekend. The place she was in Lubbock was really pushing to ampitate her foot, but the family has decided to do preventative care and let her live out the rest of her life peacefully. She has gangrene, so she has anywhere from days to a couple of weeks before she will pass on from this life. Fortunately, she has been disconnected from the pain, so she feels nothing. I've been trying to get out there and see her as often as I can, because we all know the end is nearing soon. I took some pictures of her and the kids today. Madi always provides comic relief in sad situations. She was pretending to be a fairy godmother and make Mema's wishes come true, but she only lets you wish what she can really give to you. So she told Mema, "you want a pony, don't you!" And what do you know, 2 seconds later appeared a pink unicorn. It's been in Mema's room for as long as she's lived there. She even gave Mema one of her bracelets to wear. God bless her, she is truly a "grand mother"...I know you won't see this, but I love you dearly Mema!

7 Comments:

Blogger Marta said...

Your kids are adorable! So are your grandparents! ;) I'll be praying for you and your family as you say your goodbyes to your grandmother. I know it can't be easy to let her go. Hope you are doing well.

3:11 PM  
Blogger SS said...

I'm sure that's what mema has always wanted, a pink unicorn. That child is one in a million. I'm glad you went out there. I'm going to do the same thing with Ryder in the next few days. I don't think I have any pictures of them together.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your family will be in my prayers as you experience this precious time with your Mema.

I love you!
Jenny

1:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

That is so sweet and what preciuos pictures! Soak her up and know we will be praying for you as you let go. We just expereinced that last week, you know its a blessing but still so hard. I am planning on going to LBS Tuesday, hope you can come!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom was telling me about Mema, I'm sorry she's not doing good. We all went to see G.mother & G.Dad yesterday. They are doing good. I saw your mom and dad too. They look tired. Let me know if I can do anything. ~Amanda~

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Kids are the funnest little human beings! Marli is in such a fun stage right now too. I wish I could freeze time, and keep her this age. I tell her that all the time, and she gets so sad and says, "But I want to get big? I want to grow up and be a big girl?" So sweet...

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Ware said...

That is so sweet and what preciuos pictures! Soak her up and know we will be praying for you as you let go. We just expereinced that last week, you know its a blessing but still so hard. I am planning on going to LBS Tuesday, hope you can come!

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home