Sunday, September 17, 2006

Zoo Trip

We has so much fun this weekend! Things didn't go exactly according the way we had planned them, but they never really do! Our first plan was to go to Abilene and me and the kids come back to Lubbock on Saturday. But Eric got sick and decided not to go to the game, so Nathan didn't have a ride to Dallas. We could have taken two cars, but then that completely defeated the purpose of us spending time together, so we just decided that we would go on to Dallas with Nathan on Saturday and we would find something to do during the game. We were going to see if we could get more tickets, but it was crazy over there...and no tickets in sight. Just a bunch of people wanting tickets.

Conveniently the Fort Worth Zoo is just down the road from we hit 2 zoos in two days! And the Ft. Worth zoo puts the Abilene zoo to shame, but going to the Abilene zoo was a lot of fun. It took us all of 45 minutes to walk through the entire thing. Friday night we went and ate at one of my favorite places to eat in Abilene, Joe Allen's. Then we went to the mall, and then went back to the hotel to swim.

Saturday morning, we went and ate at IHOP, and then went and got a new tire we weren't expecting to have to buy! We just put new tires on the car about 2 months ago, but one of them got a bubble in it. So we got a new tire, and then headed on to Dallas.

The Ft. Worth Zoo was fun. Madi really enjoyed it. Kyle was so tired, he just sat there. It was sooo hot. I don't know how people stand it! I complain about Lubbock?!?! I thought I was going to die. We saw all the animals and then went and sat at a big sand area where kids can play. A good rule of thumb is to NOT play in sand when you're drenched with sweat. It just seems to melt into your skin. Yeah, we were a sight. The fun pretty much ended there, when Madi dumped a bucket of sand on her head. So we left, and my old college roommate, Jenny met up with us! I only get to see her about once a year, so it was so nice to get to hang out with her, even if it only was a couple of hours.

By that time, the disappointing game was over. So we went and picked up Nathan and headed home. We contemplated stopping at Abilene on the way home, but the kids were asleep, and I wanted my own we just came home. And now I am very glad that we decided to do that. We got home at 2a.m. and went to bed. At 6a.m. I woke up with a horrible stomach ache and started puking. I have been sick all day. I can at least get out of bed now. I hate throwing up. I guess that's a dumb statment, b/c who really likes it? I guess I just feel that I did my share of it and then some when I was pregnant, so I should be immune for the rest of my life. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, but it should!

We really did have a lot of fun though. It was good for Nathan and I, good for the kids, good for our family...just a great time! Hope your weekend was good too! I have pictures, I'll post them later, I am too tired right now!


Blogger Sara said...

Oh no! You were puking! Yuck!
The Fort Worth Zoo is AWESOME! That's for sure! Sounds like you had a great time!
Hope you feel better Larissa!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

How fun. Makes me miss Ft.Worth all the more! I am sorry you are sick, any chance there is a reason for that?! Glad your back safely and that you got to have some good QT with the fam :)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home