Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What's Going On

I stayed home yesterday from school. I made myself sick on pizza. It's my fault...I should have known better. Suzanne had pizza at her house and the kids were over there, and it sounded so good. Pizza and pregnant are two words that don't go together for me very well. After about piece number four, I lost track. All I know is that I woke up at 11:30 and thought I was going to die from indigestion. I don't think I actually went to sleep until about 5a.m. So I stayed home. It didn't completely go away until yesterday afternoon. Never again...never!

I was looking through my closet and I can't wait to wear normal clothes again. To see a waistline would be so nice! I go to the doctor on thursday, which will be May 3rd. So I will be 4 weeks away! I know that having another is going to complicate my life in lots of ways, but I am ready. I am really tired of being pregnant. I am ready to take on the challenges, because I know the Lord will be there, and I have lots of support. So we will make it!

At church a couple of weeks ago they had "Compassion Sunday". Monterey is a big supporter of Compassionate Internationale, which is where you can "adopt" a child from a 3rd world country to support. I had wanted to do that last year when they had Compassion Sunday, but I never did. So this year, I decided I was going to do that. Madi and Kyle weren't with me, so I picked out the child myself. I picked a little girl that was Madi's age, because I thought it would be a good way to help teach her about giving to others who don't have as much. Trying to explain this to her wasn't as easy as I thought. The little girl doesn't have any hair and Madi thinks that she's poor, because she has no hair. In fact everything I said, she questioned me with, "Is that because she has no hair?" I told her that she lived in a part of the world where a lot of people are sick. So then she asked is one day we could go visit. And I said maybe so. But then she changed her mind, because she didn't want to get sick and lose her hair. She is hilarious.

She got sick on Friday with an ear infection. Her second in her life, I am so thankful!!! The doctor had to take the wax out of her ear in order to look at her eardrum. In the process, some skin came off with it (inside her ear) and it started bleeding pretty bad. We had the doctor, the nurse and myself holding her down. It was horrible. She has recovered now, and she is fine. I felt so sorry for the doctor, he felt horrible. He wasn't sure if he had ruptured her ear drum or not, but she is okay...so I am thankful. I just don't need anything else un-nerving her. She already went in there telling him that he may not touch her uvula. I think I covered this before, but yes my 5 year old knows what a uvula is and she is not fond of having it touched. In case you don't know what a uvula is, it's that hangy thing in the back of your throat.

Anyways, I am still a little worried about Kyle's ears. Right now I am just praying about it. I haven't been to the doctor, and maybe I thought he was getting one, and is now fine, but I still get worried about it. I am just really not wanting to do tubes again right now, because of the cost. My deductible is outrageous, and I'm still trying to pay off the last two surgeries. But if it happens, it will be okay. I just want him to be well!!!!

Well that is about all that is going on in our world. Just getting everything ready for Mason. My mom told me to go ahead and pack my bag. I just can't believe we are getting that close. Part of me is nervous, and part of me isn't. I'm more nervous about the emotional part of all this for me. I think that may be a little more challenging. But the actual labor itself, I haven't really even thought about. Give me my epidural and I'm fine! I pray that holds true for this time too! :)


Anonymous Amanda said...

I hadn't heard from you in a few days, I thought maybe you were turning into Suzanne!! I hope all of the sickness and the ear problems go away soon. I hope you have a good week and a better weekend. Let me know if you need anything. Love ya.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Lyndy said...

Larissa, Your strength is just so amazing to me. Please know that you and you precious family are in my prayers.

I pray all the ear problems are healed. I can't believe it is almost time for Mason's arrival.

My friend said that she was close to Lubbock...I think she even said she was born there. Though she grew up in Pampa and that is where she is moving back too.

Praying you have a good week my friend.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only one month!

Madi cracks me up. I'm sure she may not be that funny to you, but your stories about her always make me laugh.

You guys are in my prayers!


9:02 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Wow, only four more weeks! I didn't realize you were quite that close! Isn't it crazy how fast this has gone? Well, for me, anyway :)

The story about Madi's uvula is too funny. I would have liked to have seen the doctor's face when she told him that.

Hope you're feeling all better!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Sounds like things are pretty busy with you and your family. I honestly don't know how you do it! You are a strong person that's for sure!

I'm sure you are ready to have your little Mason! Good luck!


1:20 PM  
Blogger Marta said...

I can't believe you're only 4 weeks away!! I want you to know the Kyle and I are praying hard for the next 4 weeks, labor and delivery, a healthy baby and a relatively easy adjustment for you, Madi, Kyle and Mason. Can't wait to see pictures of that little guy!!!

3:05 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I giggled when you mentioned packing your bag. I didn't have a bag packed when I was sent straight from the dr office to the hospital to have the twins. Although I was so ready to just have them already, I think I was still in a little bit of denial because I just couldn't bring myself to pack the bag. If I don't pack it, they can't be born, right? It really is coming soon!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home