Monday, October 30, 2006

Well it's official...there is a beating heart! We went for our ultrasound this morning, and there it was! And there's only one. Everyone has been telling me I'm having twins...but they only saw one, and we are just fine with that!!! It was pretty neat to be able to see a heartbeat at only 7 weeks!!

We had kind of a crazy weekend. On Friday I started feeling sick. I just couldn't find anything to eat that didn't taste, smell or somehow remind me of throwup. I think I got a little bit of a bug, but I am feeling a lot better now. I am still having to be careful what I eat, but I was pretty miserable this weekend.

Madi was sick too. I took her to the doctor on Sunday. She ran fever through the night, and complained about her ear and throat. So now we have two kids on antibiotics. She was so funny at the doctor. We went to another doctor, b/c it was Sunday and her pediatricians office was closed. She told him, "I'd like to see my regular doctor." And then she told the nurse to please not touch her uvula. (the hangy thing in the back of your throat) One time I told her what that was called, and she still remembers.

Nathan's mom was here this weekend which was a big help. She did all my laundry and just helped take care of the kids. Friday night we went and saw "The Departed"....wow!!!! Not many other words to describe that movie. I don't recommend it if you don't like violence and blood and guts. But it was highly entertaining!

I was bound and determined to go the Tech/Texas game on Saturday with Nathan. Even though sitting in the stands I thought I was going to lose my lunch. Which I guess I'd fit in with every other drunk person around us. There were plenty where we were sitting. We were robbed!!!!! Robbed, robbed, robbed!!!! Tech should have won that game. There were so many bad calls. But oh well.

Anyways, I stayed home this afternoon with the kids. Neva watched them this morning while we went to the doctor and then I came home, so she could head back. But that's about it. I have to go before my computer dies. I'm too lazy to walk into the living room and get the power cord! Have a great week!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

So glad about the heartbeat...yea!

Madi is too funny! I love what she told the doctor and nurse. Doesn't it crack you up what they remember? Uvula?? :)

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home