Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Delirious

Well first of all I would like to thank Lisa yea...I can now post links. She taught me and I understood!!! I would also like to thank her too, because she was a huge sweetheart to me today and not only brought me a chai tea, but took Kyle for the afternoon. They are taking him to church tonight and then bringing him home when it's over. I took Madi out to my mom's today and she's keeping her overnight. I had to pick her up from school early on Tuesday, because she had fever. Well it ended up going all night, and early into the morning...so my sleep was very minimal. She stayed home from school today, and mom offered to watch her and keep her overnight. If she's better she'll bring her to school, if not she'll let her go to work with her. Madi is a star up at the high school, so she's pretty excited to be with her.

All of that to say, I now have some peace and quiet. Mason is in bed, and I'm enjoying the rest. I was trying to work today, and fortunately I'm pretty caught up, but my brain was heading towards shut down level. So I got to take a nap. I know all of this is going around really bad and for some it's about the second time in a row. Really, we've been lucky. No one has had to go to the doctor for sickness since November. That's a record for us! I would think this insane weather would also have something to do with it...I just can not stand the wind. No matter what you do...yell at it, cuss at it...it just won't stop. I've tried it all.

I booked my babysitter yesterday for the weekend of Master Follies. I'm using my mom/a girl from LCU so I can have the weekend off. I know most divorced families share custody for occasions like this, but no such luck for me. On that front, I think the boy is just spiraling downward out of control. Enough about that though, I on the other hand am just giddy about girl time next weekend. We are planning on having a Kappa party at my house on Friday night. Any old alums are invited! I think it will probably start at 8. My kids will be at the sitters house, so I will actually be able to be at home! There really isn't a set agenda...just fun!

Well that's about it...I am hoping I will get some real sleep tonight! Hopefully all of this sickness will be leaving us all really soon!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Glad you were able to get some rest. Hope your babies stay well for awhile!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Chrissy Cross said...

I hate the wind too!! The combo of wind and ice today was incredible, I almost busted several times because of the wind blowing me on the ice. I am getting excited about Follies weekend.

12:41 PM  
Blogger John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Okay, I'm so bummed to miss the 2nd Kappa reunion! We've been gone for a month with my sis, and I can't leave again that soon...for my own sanity:)
Glad to hear your doing so well! I love to read your posts. You are so open and honest. You are an inspiration to me.
By the way...you look great:)

2:04 PM  
Blogger SS said...

I was going to cross pledge to Kappa. Does that get me an invitation for Friday night?

8:46 PM  
Blogger Darla said...

I see that Suzanne is still trying to get into all the Kappa stuff. I guess things don't change. I'm come to Lubbock next weekend. We are going to Follies Friday night. We might need to come crash your little party.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Hope your having a good weekend! See ya later!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home