Monday, May 14, 2007

Confession

Well I have a confession to make. I did something I thought and said I never would. I bought a mini-van. I can't believe I'm driving a mini-van. I have hated those things since the day of their conception, and I have said numerous times I would never, ever drive one. Well I am now. But right now, that is okay. It is going to simplify my life and I am excited to have Madi and Kyle separated in the car. I don't have to listen to, "he's touching me....Madi is looking at me...he hit me." I am the proud owner of a third row seat.

The other day I told Madi that we were going to get another car, and she saw a convertible Mustang and asked if we could get that kind. She assured me that she would hold Kyle in her lap, and that we would all fit in there just great. I told her maybe someday...and maybe someday. For now I will drive my mini-van with pride.

I am so tired today. I went and saw my attorney this morning. That went well. I mean about as well as that kind of thing goes. I was going to use another attorney in town that is very well known for being the best family law attorney in Lubbock, but once I found out what her retainer was, I decided to use someone else. The first time I met this other lady, she looked at me and said, "I can't shake your hand, I have a cold." I was like nice to meet you too! She must mean all business!!! Anyways, this new lady is very nice. Hopefully I will get this filed as soon as Mason gets here, and then finalized 60 days later. A lot of people say, "he left and you're filing?" Yes, that's right. Makes sense, doesn't it? (note the sarcasm) I should be nice...I'm just really tired today. I feel like my uterus is going to fall out. It's not the most comfortable feeling in the world.

My mother-in-law has offered to take the kids on June 1st and keep them until the 14th. that is a really long time, but I have agreed. I think it will be good for me. I am just worn out...and the rest before labor will be nice...that is if my uterus doesn't fall out before then! Well I have to go. Have a good week.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Congrats on the mini-van. I really do love mine, in fact I've had the chance to trade it in for an SUV and decided against it. You just can't beat the people space and the gas mileage. Also, the third row is AWESOME!

10:23 PM  
Blogger SS said...

I promise not to make fun of you (I at least promise to try really hard). It's your very own and you did it without anybody's help or advice!!!! Congrats.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Lyndy said...

All that divorce stuff is never fun but I am glad you have an attorney that you are comfortable with. Mini-van seems like a great idea with soon to b three kiddos in tow.

Have you started nesting yet? Praying for you.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are now a mini van mama!! It's okay! I got a Yukon XL about a month ago and I feel like I am driving a bus!! Wouldn't it be nice to have the convertable Mustang!! Oh well, we can have that when we are fifty!! Have a great week. Sorry about your uterus. Mine is kicking me in my side and really driving me nuts!!
Amanda

8:14 AM  
Blogger Marta said...

Good for you! No better way to get 3 kids around in my opinion! Praying for you as Mason's arrival draws near and your divorce proceedings move along. Wish there was more that I could do!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer K said...

Congrats! I have a confession, I made fun of minivans but now I am wishing that I had one! The gas mileage on mine is about to break us! I told Jonathan we should trade it in already! I can't wait to see your new ride. Are you still in for tomorrow night?

4:32 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I so know what you mean about the mini-van. I have sworn up and down that I would never ever ever have one and now I'm kinda wishing I had one :)

Hang in there...just a couple more weeks and he'll be here! Love ya...

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home