Tuesday, July 24, 2007

God is good

It's been a good week. I am continually seeing the numerous ways in which God is working in my life. Friday after I was leaving Cheri's house my dad called and wanted me to stop by the house. I was kind of annoyed, because I was driving from Abernathy to Post and he wanted to get off the highway, because there was something at the house for me. I knew they had been to Lubbock that day, so I was thinking that they had gotten me something. My thought was that I was going to be really annoyed if I stopped to get a small stuffed butterfly to hang in my kitchen window or something to that affect. My mother, bless her heart, has a tendency to buy me gifts that most 5 year olds would just love. That is part of the reason I love her, but sometimes I question how she really views me, because of the things she buys me. So anyways, I get to their house, and walk in and sitting on the cabinet in the kitchen is an envelope with the return address "Manweiler Transports" in Pueblo, Colorado. I saw that and immediately knew that was from Nathan's uncle Merle. I opened it up, and there were two checks inside. I just couldn't believe it. They will never fully understand what that meant to me. I feel so blessed that they did this for me, and will always be grateful to them! I don't know this side of the family very well, I've only actually met them once. Nathan's dad died when he was 13 and his mother remarried years later, so this side of the family is not as close as it once was. What they did for me helped me so much.

Also on thursday, my boss told me he was going to give me a raise. He said that he thinks he needs to compensate me more for my time, because he wants me to stick around for a long time. Yet another answered prayer!

I wanted to say thanks to you all for being so kind with your responses. I was so nervous about posting that last post. I didn't know how it would be received, and it was just so incredibly personal for me. I may have a few critics out there, but fortunately they don't ever comment. I am beginning to see more and more how God's timing is so important. He has absolute purpose in everything he does! And I know a lot of times, I feel like I know when things should happen, but I'm so glad that He is in control, and the more I trust that the better off I'll be!

6 Comments:

Blogger April Carrasco said...

What a blessing! God always provides just when we need it most. What exciting news.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

So glad you've been blessed this week!

And I feel like I know you really well! I may not know your favorite ice cream (mine is brownie batter blizzard)or many other things about you, but I know the important parts. Your heart and your faith in God.

Have a great week friend!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lyndy said...

Oh I am so glad you have had a blessed week. God does always provide.

Hugs, Lyndy

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I tried to post a comment on your last post, but my Internet is still goofy and quit on me. So, I wanted to tell you I'm so glad you're giving everything over to God--you're awesome and God is awesome! And praise Him for the recent blessings He's given you! Love you~

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Wow, that just made my day to read! I am SO thrilled for you! Yes, to God be the glory for great things he has done! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss yo face.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Still His Girl said...

YEAH! I'm praising God with you for His provision and gifts! So happy for you! Happy new office, too! :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home