Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Sad Day...

Today has been a rather overcast day. The kind of day that you just want to crawl back in bed and take a nap. The other night at our Bible study I added the Shannon Reeves family to our prayer list. She had Hodgkins Disease (a kind of cancer) and had taken a turn for the worse. They went through SIBI (Sunset preaching school) a few years back and he is now the preacher in Idalou. This time last year she was doing really bad, and then through treatment became cancer free. It came back in full force in August and has been relentless since then. This morning about 10 am they took her off the ventilator and she passed away about an hour later. She has two little kids at Sunset's preschool. I have been subbing there, and I subbed in her little boys class on Tuesday. I was up there today and it was so sad. Her and her husband have a 3 year old little boy and a 4 1/2 year old little girl. They hadn't told the kids yet. Obviously they knew that they're mom was sick, but to lose your mom at that age...I just can't imagine. I feel so bad for them and for her husband. Everyone talks about what a faithful man he is, and how he always comforted others when they were sad about HIS wife. I saw him today with big tears in his eyes. I didn't know them. I just knew them in passing, and she was always pretty easy to spot. But we've all known someone who has had this battle before, and some have conquered it and some haven't been able to. Whatever the case may be, I ask for your prayers for this family. I know I can't see the bigger picture and bad things DO happen to good people, but it's so hard not to question WHY???? Of course as I do that, I look at the verse I have posted: "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on YOUR understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge him, and HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT." I guess that's why I love that verse so much, because even though I may not understand, I know that HE does and HE will take care of us all. Even those little children who just lost their mamma.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Oh, you're going to make me cry! Shannon's family will be in my prayers.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Wow. I hate to hear that. I didn't know that was a consideration this time. That really hits home. I will be praying for him and the family as well. Wow. I just can't even imagine.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home